Pages

Thursday 25 April 2019

Jaylar and the Glow Flowers

Jaylar and the Glow Flowers.

Created this card as a bit of an experiment. I brought a new Brusho colour called Sunburst Lemon. Which is a very bright yellow, so I made a few background with it experimenting with colour and this background I loved as it was a grey background with water marks and this bright yellow in the middles. I also brought some Cosmic Shimmer Twinkles which is a Glitter Glue with a nozzle. So I wanted to see how they were and the glow flowers were perfect for using the glitter glue, plus I used some on the Spanish Moss hanging down. To make this card I used the following:

A5 card blank.
5"X 7" card blank.
White card for Matting.
A5 Black Card.
5" x 7" Gel Press
Speed-ball Brayer
Colorbox Storm
Brusho Sunburst Lemon.
Fan shaped watercolour brush
Lavinia Stamp Jaylar
Lavinia Stamp Glow Flower
Lavinia Stamps Glow flowers set
Lavinia Stamps Willow
Lavinia Stamp Wild Vines
Lavinia Stamp Spanish Moss
Lavinia Stamps See a fairy
Versafine Clair Twilight 
Versafine Clair Nocturne used on Jaylar
Creative Expression Mini Smoothies.
Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle Star Twinkles
White Uni-Ball Signo pen. 
Sakura Gelly Roll Glitter pen.

The background was done using those products. I loaded up the brayer with ink from the Colorbox Ink Pad and and rolled it onto the gel press. I then flicked some water onto the gel press with the fan shaped brush. Mixed some Brusho Sunburst Lemon with some water and flicked that onto the Gel Press before I placed my card blank on top. With the cardstock on the Gel Press, I gave the back a rub to get the print of the Gel Press. When done I peeled off my cardstock Giving me my background for the card.






Before I stamp. I get the main stamps I want to use and peel them off from the sheet and lay them onto the card so it gives me an idea of how things are going to look. I also put my mask for the moon/sun down with the stamp sheets. Nothing worse than stamping and then realising you don't like it. When you are happy with it you then can start to stamp.







I always do my Moon/Sun first. I used Twilight and a smoothie to blend outwards from the disc. Giving me a nice shadow for the moon.





Now you can see the Moon/sun. Now to start creating my scene. With the single,large Glow Flower I stamped First then stamped Jaylar on top of the flower. I used the large Glow Flower from the set of two to stamp next to the Glow Flower. I used the Willow as Grass. Used the large one and used a second generation of stamping. ( Stamp it first onto some scrap paper then stamp it onto your cardstock to get a softer stamped image, so it looks like it's in the distance.) I then used the small one and stamped it at the bottom as soon as it was loaded with ink.


Stamped The Wild Vines at the top a then used the thin Spanish Moss with the Second generation of stamping. Did second generation of stamping for when I stamped the verse at the side of the moon as I didn't it so dark. I used the smoothie and blended around the edge with Twilight.




Matt the card onto the white card blank with the size you like. I used a Perfect Layer Ruler to do my matt for my card. Glued the black card onto the blank A5 card. Then Glued the Stamped card into position. Then I used the Sakura glitter pen for her wings by doing random dots on her wings and to go round the moon.With the Twinkles (Glitter Glue that gives dimension when dried.) I used it on the Glow flowers and on the Spanish moss as shown on the photo above. The white pen to add some white dots on the Spanish Moss and to highlight Jaylar.

Put it away laying flat so that the Glitter Glue had time to dry as it takes a while to dry.


Thank you for stopping by.
Hope to see you again.
Love Ellie.
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment