Pages

Wednesday 17 April 2019

Sketch Challenge

Made those two cards for a sketch challenge where we were given a sketch to use. It was a landscape sketch but I knew it wouldn't work so I did it portrait position. Sketches are like a blueprint to follow but great to get your mojo back or to try a different style.Each layer was layered with foam pads. Stamps are from Lavinia Stamps.

The backing paper on this card was done by stamping the verse was stamped several times to cover the edge of the card. The main background was done with using a Gel Press and used Colorbox Storm for the colour then flicked Grey and Orange Brusho's onto the Gel press before placing my card over to get the print. I then stamped Winifred using Versafine Clair Nocturne. The with a circle and a strip of card I blended around the circle to create a moon and the strip was to ground the fairy. Then stamped the flower flourish in Versafine Clair Twilight. Then at the top of the card I used Versafine Clair Warm Breeze to stamp the wild vines. For the border I Used a brayer and used Colorbox Storm to gently colour the border before I stamped the stars in three different colours, those being Versafine Clair Warm Breeze and Twilight. Distress Oxide Spiced Marmalade. I used the same three colours to do the words and the blending around the words. Matt and layered with black and white card and foam pads for each layer.  



The background card was done by my new stamp. A background script,Stamped that four times to cover the card. Then I used my gel Press with a brayer and the colour I used was Colorbox Storm. I then flicked some water onto the Gel Press, before using a white piece of card to get the print of the Gel Press. I stamped the house in Versafine Clair Nocturne then placed a paper mask over the house to protect whilst I carried on stamping. Did the blending around a circle for the moon and did a bit of grounded for the house. Stamped the large path in Nocturne. The lavender was stamped in two colours the flower part was in Versafine Clair Purple Delight and the stem Nocturne. Stamped the seed heads in the bottom left corner with Nocturne. Stamped the leaves several times in Versafine Clair Nocturne. For the Border I used cluster of hearts in second generation of Versafine Clair Warm Breeze and Purple Delights. Then used the heart stamp with Versafine Clair Monarch, the deep purple hearts.I did the words and  part of the home phrase in the same colours I did the hearts in and blended the edges as well. I used Brusho grey, Yellow and purple to paint the house with and for the path. Matt and layered using black and white card and foam pads to layer the layers with. Once finished I then used a white pen for some highlights on the house and a Sakura Clear Glitter pen on the windows. Cosmic Shimmer Black  Pearl and Ivory pva Glue for the seed heads, around the leaves and some on the border to give a bit of dimension.

Thank you for stopping by.
Hope to see you again.
Ellie xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment